The shark began with the driftwood head piece. It resembled a sharks head and I had another piece of driftwood that I always though would make a good fish body. I also had an interesting piece of driftwood in stock that made a great tail fin. The main dorsal fin is mostly one piece, with some smaller pieces of driftwood to finish it off. The secondary dorsal fin is a bird sternum bone. I then made the other fins and the right side of the body from driftwood pieces. The teeth were made using bone fragments as well as actual fish teeth from a fish skeleton I found. I then made the eyes out of white quartz stones.
Prior to assembly all parts go through a cleaning and heat treatment process. The final product is mounted on a black wood base and coated with a protective matte sealant.